Subject: RE: Nomination of national respondents for TB Monitoring in the EU/EEA (2025 data collection)
From: "Tuberculosis" <[email-masked]>
To: Költringer Fiona <[email-masked]>, "Indra Alexander" <[email-masked]>, "Vinciane SIZAIRE" <[email-masked]>,Wouter Arrazola de Oñate <[email-masked]>, "Yuliana Atanasova" <[email-masked]>, "zvjezdana.lovric" <[email-masked]>, "goranka.petrovic" <[email-masked]>, "Costas Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, "Anna Papandreou" <[email-masked]>,Věra Dvořáková <[email-masked]>,Jiří Wallenfels <[email-masked]>, "Anders Koch" <[email-masked]>,Troels Lillebæk <[email-masked]>, "Kersti Villand" <kersti.v
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Julien Sohier" <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, "Czech Republic Generic Email Box -" <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <kart
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 13:08:17 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear National Focal Points for Tuberculosis,

To further inform your decision-making process in relation to the 
nominations for the TB monitoring data collection, please consider the 
following clarifications:

*	During the data collection, we will kindly request a single, coordinated 
national response from each EU/EEA country.
*	We encourage collective work in responding the online questionnaire. To 
facilitate the submission process, TB NFPs can delegate the task of replying 
to the questionnaire among several people (i.e. the national nominees). 
Thus, we will need to grant these experts access to REDCap and therefore the 
nomination process we have just initiated.
*	At least one person should be nominated. If you would like to nominate 
more than 10 respondents, please contact us via email.
*	The group of experts could include both general experts as well as 
specialists, covering the areas of TB policy and implementation, TB 
programme and planning, TB prevention, TB diagnosis, TB treatment and care, 
community engagement and people-centred care. It is important to keep in 
mind is that all responses should reflect the country-level situation.
*	Please see below a general description of the topics included in the TB 
monitoring questionnaire that will be released in April, to inform your 
decision on whom to involve at national level. Please note that most of the 
questions are single/multiple choice. There is always an open question at 
the end of each section to provide clarifications or further information. We 
will also request links to national documents or (clinical) guidance 
documents.

Areas

Topics included

Example of questions to be asked

Enabling environment

*	Availability of National Strategic Plan (NSP) and its alignment with the 
Regional TB Action Plan
*	Protection against stigma and discrimination
*	Social protection and collaboration with other services
*	Availability of TB research agenda
*	Risk group prioritization
*	Access to TB services for migrants

*	Does your county have a national strategy, plan or policy for prevention 
and control of TB?
*	Does your country have a national policy to specifically provide social 
protection services to TB-affected individuals (e.g., socio- economic or 
nutritional support)?
*	Does your country allocate separate budget for the management of TB among 
migrants?

Prevention

*	Availability of TB infection (TBI) testing and costs to the individual
*	TB Preventive treatment (TPT) practices
*	Availability of TPT regimens
*	Availability of counseling
*	TPT coverage

*	Does your county offer testing for TBI? If yes, what are the costs for 
individuals undergoing testing for TBI?
*	Is free-of-charge testing for TBI available in your country for people who 
ae not covered by health insurance?
*	Which TPT regimens are available in your country?
*	Which constraints, if any, are limiting or preventing the scale-up of TPT 
in your country?

Testing and diagnosis

*	Availability of policy guidance on TB screening and its specifics
*	TB screening and testing practices and settings, costs to the individual
*	Outreach to migrant populations
*	Availability of policy guidance on TB diagnosis and its specifics
*	Drug-resistance testing policies and practices
*	Diagnostic tools used

*	Does your country conduct systematic screening for TB disease among 
certain groups?
*	Please specify the groups who benefit from free-of-charge screening and 
testing for TB disease.
*	Which diagnostic tools are used as the initial diagnostic test for TB 
disease in your country?
*	What is the average time from a person’s initial contact with the health 
system after showing TB symptoms to the commencement of TB treatment in your 
country?

Treatment and care

*	Availability of policy guidance for drug-susceptible and drug-resistant TB 
and its specifics
*	Access to novel shorter treatment regimens
*	Availability of people-centered treatment options and other treatment 
adherence interventions
*	Approaches to hospitalization
*	Cost to individual to undergo treatment
*	Access to treatment for people without health insurance
*	Alignment of treatment guidelines in prisons

*	Does your country have national treatment guidelines for drug-susceptible 
TB?
*	Does your country have national treatment guidelines for drug-resistant 
TB?
*	Which treatment options for drug-susceptible and drug-resistant TB are 
available in your country?
*	According to your national policies/guidelines, is hospitalization 
required for all people initiating TB treatment?
*	Does your country’s policy permit the concomitant treatment of 
multidrug-resistant TB and viral hepatitis C in people with co-infection?

Impact

*	TB incidence
*	TB mortality
*	Care for migrants with TB

*	These data will be retrieved from TESSy

Please use the following link to submit your nominations: 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/TBmonitoringnominations

We would be grateful for to receive your replies latest by 26 March 2025.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Senia Rosales-Klintz, on behalf of the ECDC TB team.

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <https://bsky.app/profile/ecdc.europa.eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

 <https://www.instagram.com/ecdc.eu>

 <https://www.threads.net/@ecdc.eu>

Classified as ECDC NORMAL 

From: Tuberculosis <[email-masked]>
Sent: 17 March 2025 18:04
To: Költringer Fiona <[email-masked]>; Indra Alexander 
<[email-masked]>; Vinciane SIZAIRE <[email-masked]>; 
Wouter Arrazola de Oñate <[email-masked]>; Yuliana Atanasova 
<[email-masked]>; zvjezdana.lovric <[email-masked]>; 
goranka.petrovic <[email-masked]>; Costas Constantinou 
<[email-masked]>; Anna Papandreou 
<[email-masked]>; Věra Dvořáková <[email-masked]>; Jiří 
Wallenfels <[email-masked]>; Anders Koch <[email-masked]>; Troels Lillebæk 
<[email-masked]>; Kersti Villand <[email-masked]>; Piret Viiklepp 
<[email-masked]>; Silja Mentula <[email-masked]>; Hanna Soini 
<[email-masked]>; Delphine Viriot 
<[email-masked]>; Jean-Paul GUTHMANN 
<[email-masked]>; KroegerS <[email-masked]>; 
haasw <[email-masked]>; s.chatzianastasiou <[email-masked]>; 
bakosagi <[email-masked]>; Kamilla Sigríður Jósefsdóttir - Landl 
<[email-masked]>; Sarah Jackson <[email-masked]>; Phil Downes 
<[email-masked]>; Mary O' Meara <[email-masked]>; Cirillo Daniela 
<[email-masked]>; Sane Schepisi Monica <[email-masked]>; 
Ieva Rimšāne <[email-masked]>; Visscher Carla 
<[email-masked]>; Walser-Domjan Esther <[email-masked]>; 
Alvyda Naujokaitė <[email-masked]>; Jurgita Pakalniškienė 
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; Anne Vergison 
<[email-masked]>; Melillo Tanya at Health Regulation 
<[email-masked]>; Attard Antoinette 1 at Health Regulation 
<[email-masked]>; Geraldine Ter Linde 
<[email-masked]>; Richard Anthony <[email-masked]>; 
Karine Nordstrand <[email-masked]>; Anne Torunn Mengshoel 
<[email-masked]>; s.wesolowski <[email-masked]>; 
Maria Korzeniewska-Koseła <[email-masked]>; afssmd 
<[email-masked]>; Maria Isabel Carvalho <[email-masked]>; 
Nicoleta Cioran <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; Ivan 
Solovič <[email-masked]>; Sanja Grm Zupan 
<[email-masked]>; petra.svetina 
<[email-masked]>; Christine Schwarz 
<[email-masked]>; Zaida Herrador Ortiz <[email-masked]>; Petra 
Edquist <[email-masked]>; Maria Axelsson 
<[email-masked]>
Cc: NC_CCB_Austria <[email-masked]>; sigrid.kiermayr 
<[email-masked]>; koen.blot 
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; Julien Sohier 
<[email-masked]>; Zhivka Getsova <[email-masked]>; Iva 
Christova <[email-masked]>; kcapak <[email-masked]>; bernard.kaic 
<[email-masked]>; Elisavet Constantinou <[email-masked]>; 
Czech Republic Generic Email Box - <[email-masked]>; Hana Orlíková 
<[email-masked]>; Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>; Stine Ulendorf 
Jacobsen <[email-masked]>; Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>; Julia Geller 
<[email-masked]>; Estonia Generic Email Box - 
<[email-masked]>; Otto Helve <[email-masked]>; Savolainen-Kopra 
Carita <[email-masked]>; Paula GARCIA-LOBATO 
<[email-masked]>; Anne-Catherine VISO 
<[email-masked]>; Rathmachers, Lea 
<[email-masked]>; Germany Generic Email Box - <[email-masked]>; Rexroth, 
Ute <[email-masked]>; Theodora Kalomama <[email-masked]>; Dimitrios 
Paraskevis <[email-masked]>; Christakis Chatzichristodoulou 
<[email-masked]>; Dr. Dánielisz Ágnes 
<[email-masked]>; Cecília Müller <[email-masked]>; 
[email-masked]; Guðrún Aspelund - Landl 
<[email-masked]>; Lois O'Connor <[email-masked]>; Aine 
Grace <[email-masked]>; Patricia Garvey <[email-masked]>; 
Louise Cullen <[email-masked]>; Lisa Domegan <[email-masked]>; 
Maraglino Francesco Paolo <[email-masked]>; Antra Bormane 
<[email-masked]>; Dehler Silvia, Dr. med. <[email-masked]>; 
Nerija Kuprevičienė <[email-masked]>; Jurgita Pakalniškienė 
<[email-masked]>; Jean-Claude Schmit 
<[email-masked]>; Gauci Charmaine at Health Regulation 
<[email-masked]>; Hester de Melker <[email-masked]>; Susan 
van den Hof <[email-masked]>; Macdonald, Emily Ann 
<[email-masked]>; Heidi Lange <[email-masked]>; Zacharczuk 
Katarzyna <[email-masked]>; Mariana Ferreira 
<[email-masked]>; Pedro Licinio Pinto Leite 
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; André Peralta Santos 
<[email-masked]>; Adriana Pistol <[email-masked]>; 
lucia.paulikova <[email-masked]>; ecdc <[email-masked]>; maja.socan 
<[email-masked]>; Slovenia Generic Email Box - <[email-masked]>; 
Sierra Moros. María José <[email-masked]>; Simón Soria. Fernando 
<[email-masked]>; Sweden Generic Email Box - 
<[email-masked]>; Sweden Generic Email Support - 
<[email-masked]>; Agneta Falk Filipsson 
<[email-masked]>; Sara Bengtsson 
<[email-masked]>; birgitta.lesko 
<[email-masked]>; anette.richardson 
<[email-masked]>; Country Cooperation 
<[email-masked]>; Senia Rosales-Klintz 
<[email-masked]>; Tuberculosis 
<[email-masked]>; ECDC Info <[email-masked]>
Subject: Nomination of national respondents for TB Monitoring in the EU/EEA 
(2025 data collection)
Importance: High

To: National Focal Points for Tuberculosis

CC: National Coordinators, ECDC Country Cooperation

Dear National Focal Points for Tuberculosis,

As part of our ongoing efforts to prevent and control tuberculosis (TB) 
within the EU/EEA, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control 
(ECDC) is enhancing its monitoring system for TB in the context of 
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The enhanced TB monitoring system is 
designed to complement existing surveillance data with contextual policy and 
practice information. The findings will help identify gaps in the TB 
response that need acceleration to achieve the incidence and mortality 
reduction targets set by the SDGs.

Data collection will be conducted by an ECDC supplier - the Centre of 
Excellence for Health, Immunity, and Infections (CHIP) at Rigshospitalet in 
Copenhagen, Denmark. In October 2023, ECDC selected CHIP to assist in 
monitoring progress towards the SDGs related to HIV, viral hepatitis, 
sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and TB. This project aims to ensure 
alignment across disease areas and produce both disease-specific and 
cross-disease outputs. The data collected within the TB monitoring will be 
supplemented with surveillance information provided by countries through the 
European Surveillance System (TESSy).

We are writing to request the nomination of national experts that will the 
respondents from your country the upcoming data collection on TB monitoring.

The success of this monitoring effort relies heavily on the engagement of a 
diverse range of stakeholders. Hence, we suggest the involvement of TB 
programme managers, clinicians, drug procurement specialists, 
microbiologists, civil society and NGO representatives in discussion and 
completion of the monitoring questionnaire. Their collective expertise is 
crucial for the comprehensive response to the monitoring questions, which 
focuses on policies and practices related to: TB prevention, TB testing and 
diagnosis, TB treatment, and enabling environment for TB management.

The data collection will be done the REDCap platform during April-May 2025. 
At least one person from each country should be registered in REDCap to 
complete the questionnaire, although multiple individuals can have access. 
One designated person will be responsible for verifying the data.

Please use the following link to submit your nominations: 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/TBmonitoringnominations

We would be grateful for to receive your replies latest by 26 March 2025.

After the nomination of national experts is completed, we will reach out to 
them directly with the request to sign ECDC Terms of Use for REDCap and 
process their registration at the platform.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if you 
require more time to complete the nomination process.

Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to improving TB control in the 
EU/EEA.

Best regards,

Senia Rosales-Klintz, on behalf of the ECDC TB team.

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <https://bsky.app/profile/ecdc.europa.eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

 <https://www.instagram.com/ecdc.eu>

 <https://www.threads.net/@ecdc.eu>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.